Congratulations to our 2015-2016 scholar athlete award winners!
Congratulations to our 2015-2016 scholar athlete award winners. They will all be recognized at the annual Top 16 CT Swim awards banquet.
Here are our recipients.
Lindsey Dell’Isola (3 time award winner)
Here are some of the requirements they have to meet in order to receive this great honor.
1. Applicant must have completed 10th, 11th, or 12th grade.
2. Applicant must be 2016 CT member of USA Swimming.
3. Applicant must have participated in an individual event in the summer 2015 Long Course Connecticut Senior Championship meet or the 2016 March Connecticut Senior Championship. Applicants also may qualify if they participated in two (2) regularly scheduled CSI sanctioned meets during the 2015 long course season and three (3) regularly scheduled CSI sanctioned meets during the 2015-2016 short course season.
4. For the entire 2015-2016 academic year, applicant must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale [A (90-100%) = 4.0; B (80-89%) = 3.0; C (70-79%) = 2.0; D (65-69%) = 1.0].
5. Only solid academic subjects (i.e., English, math, science, foreign language, social studies, performing and visual arts, home economics, industrial arts, etc.) shall be used to calculate the GPA. Subjects which would not normally be considered solid academic will not be considered in computing the GPA (including, but not limited to, physical education, religion, health, etc).
6. Letter grades will be truncated to exclude “plus” and “minus” marks.
7. Courses clearly designated as “honors” or “AP” will receive additional weighting of 0.5 point in the GPA computation. If your school uses non-standard designations for these types of courses, please provide a copy of the School Profile. All schools maintain such a profile for submission with college applications.